We are looking for partners that share our vision of providing a place of refuge where Huskies can heal before finding their Furever home with a loving family.
So, what are the benefits to YOUR company?
Supporting a charity can be the cornerstone of your company’s brand, highlighting to the world that you are ethical and trustworthy. It can also be an important recruitment tool for attracting the top talent to your business as the partnership with a charity defines your company as different from your competition.
Sharing the stories of your company’s involvement can benefit it on many levels. Visitors to your company’s website can see what activities you are doing, coverage in the media can reinforce to current employees that they made a good job choice and it can demonstrate to clients, customers and business partners that your organisation and its leadership team are dedicated to charitable causes. In addition, with Corporate Social Responsibility practices being implemented internationally, many business award applications query the company’s involvement.
Many people want to volunteer or raise money, but in our current day they can’t find time in their busy lives to do it—or maybe scared to try an opportunity on their own. Allowing employees, the opportunity to participate in employer-sponsored activities gives them a sense of involvement, and they don’t feel like they are taking time away from their work or families to help others, or trying to squeeze yet another item into their jam-packed schedules
When raising money together employees are able to partner across divisions and work in team environments outside of their direct work groups. People from different departments or offices, who wouldn’t see each other during a typical workday, can raise funds through different avenues. This promotes a greater sense of camaraderie and unity among employees as they work towards a shared mission and common goal.
Giving employees a chance to give back to their communities also helps to instill a sense of pride in themselves and their organisation. They are proud to work for a company that supports philanthropic programs, which can lead to increased loyalty and better retention.
So what ways can you get involved?
- Office bake sales – a great way to raise funds and have a little department/team challenge with votes to the best cake on the day
- Pub quiz – these can be fun and held at a local restaurant/golf club/coffee shop. Making them open to the public encourages more involvement and is great publicity for your company
- Company Fun Day – great for the whole family to get involved. From wacky races, to dog walks – great for families to get to know each other outside of work
- Volunteer Day – spending a day helping out at Husky Rescue KZN, whether it is putting up fences to walking, washing and brushing the dogs – there is always lots to do.
- Dog Food/items collection – asking staff to donate dog food, blankets, brushes – these items are always appreciated.
- Donate a % of your sales – this would really help us in attaining our own property
- Sponsor our events – through the year we run different events to which we take some of our Huskies along to meet people and spread the message about what we do. These events do cost us to run them, so having you sponsor an event, would help in a big way.
We truly appreciate our below Ongoing Partners …
… and are very thankful to our below Sponsors